Your Focused Solutions
Browse the recommended Neara modules to meet your needs
Identify, compare and correct missing and mislocated assets
You can’t manage, track, or mend what you can’t locate. Every missing or mislocated asset in a network is a potential risk for the utility owner. Neara identifies network assets from field-captured LiDAR and intelligently compares them with existing network databases to detect, triage, and correct discrepancies.
- Reconcile GIS with your assets in the field. Identify candidate poles and spans from LiDAR that are missing from network GIS. Identify GIS assets that no longer exist in reality. Correct the coordinates of all pole and span assets in your network GIS
- Comprehensively identify network asset components by combining LiDAR and other sources at network scale, including poles, spans, insulators, pole-top equipment, transformers, reclosers, spreaders, and more
For utilities looking to extract as much data as they can from network scans, Neara offers advanced asset detection and automatic tagging capabilities.
Setup, iterate and optimize the entire vegetation management process
Neara lets utilities take digital vegetation management and optimization into their own hands. Utilities can set-up and iterate on their entire vegetation management process, from raw LiDAR import, to encroachment zone compliance, to optimization, to building dashboards and reports for internal and external teams.
- Build, iterate on, and experiment with different 3D clearance zones and policies, and compare the resulting costs
- Construct pipelines to automatically analyze and compare new and previous LiDAR scans; automatically audit past treatment jobs when new data becomes available
- Create dashboards for field teams and management to gain network-wide understanding of encroachments and planned remediation
- Prioritize works based on failure consequence and network criticality, on a per-span basis
For utilities that need precision and cost optimization, Neara offers advanced vegetation management features:
- Precisely simulate cable movement under different wind and temperature conditions; compare conventional clearance zones to the exact physical movement of network assets
- Reduce dependence on frequent LiDAR scans by overlaying up-to-date satellite imagery; anticipate future encroachment by applying per-tree growth prediction
- Automatically triage and bundle trimming jobs, and optimize vegetation management cycles
- Integrate and leverage historic and forecasted cost data to optimize expenditure
Keep assets at a safe distance in any weather or load scenario
Neara provides simple tools to calculate the precise encroachment distance of surrounding objects for every cable in your network. Simply set-up the rules, define the desired weather conditions, and receive network-wide results. Apply regional and jurisdictional clearance standards, or augment them to your network’s specific requirements.
- Some clearance violations are more dangerous than others – logically prioritize field works and ensure appropriate maintenance
- Assess different clearance requirements for assets near roads, pathways, railways, or other surrounding features
- Prioritize and triage encroachment problems to address the most hazardous, highest-consequence issues first
- Maintain network-wide compliance to clearance standards
Understand precise loading, stress, and tension on every asset across the entire network
Neara enables utilities to run at-scale Finite Element Analysis (FEA) on all poles, cross-arms, and sub-components.
- Identify the “invisible” risks of poles and assemblies under high-stress or approaching maximum loading, and prioritize remediation programs accordingly
- Simulate environmental conditions network-wide. Predict the consequences of extreme wind, snow, and heat events before they occur
- Perform multi-pole failure analysis to identify points of elevated failure risk across your network
- Propose solutions and mitigations immediately – add guy-wires, splints, change material types, then rerun analysis to immediately see the effects
Reach out. We’re very friendly.
Contact us to learn more, schedule a demo, inquire about a pilot project, or discuss other needs.