Your Focused Solutions
Browse the recommended Neara modules to meet your needs
Setup, iterate and optimize the entire vegetation management process
Neara lets utilities take digital vegetation management and optimization into their own hands. Utilities can set-up and iterate on their entire vegetation management process, from raw LiDAR import, to encroachment zone compliance, to optimization, to building dashboards and reports for internal and external teams.
- Build, iterate on, and experiment with different 3D clearance zones and policies, and compare the resulting costs
- Construct pipelines to automatically analyze and compare new and previous LiDAR scans; automatically audit past treatment jobs when new data becomes available
- Create dashboards for field teams and management to gain network-wide understanding of encroachments and planned remediation
- Prioritize works based on failure consequence and network criticality, on a per-span basis
For utilities that need precision and cost optimization, Neara offers advanced vegetation management features:
- Precisely simulate cable movement under different wind and temperature conditions; compare conventional clearance zones to the exact physical movement of network assets
- Reduce dependence on frequent LiDAR scans by overlaying up-to-date satellite imagery; anticipate future encroachment by applying per-tree growth prediction
- Automatically triage and bundle trimming jobs, and optimize vegetation management cycles
- Integrate and leverage historic and forecasted cost data to optimize expenditure
Measure clash risks using precise network modeling and physical properties
Conductor clashing occurs when two wires come into direct contact. It can result in sparks and even molten metal dropping from the line – a common cause of wildfires. Measuring the risk of a clash requires precise network modeling and a deep understanding of a cable’s physical properties. Neara has both.
- Identify, triage, prioritize, and eliminate risk of conductor clash across the network
- Overlay layers of historic and predicted wildfire regions, weather data, and past reported events to help prioritize at-risk locations
Centralize asset maintenance monitoring and analysis in one location
Asset Analytics & Risk Mitigation
Neara combines maintenance data, degradation and change analytics, and asset history with structural, stress, and loading analysis at network scale.
- Define network models for condition-based assessment
- Stress test the network under maximum allowable conditions, and automatically flag areas and assets at high risk of failure
- Construct, audit, and optimize inspection and replacement scheduling
- Integrate with existing defect / task management systems
- Identify problems using Neara’s Analyze Modules, then immediately design solutions using Neara’s Design Modules – all on the same platform
Prepare for and respond to extreme weather and climate events to build grid resiliency
Climate & Weather Resilience
Wildfires, severe winds, floods, and snow storms are just some of the potentially catastrophic events that threaten the integrity of critical infrastructure with increasing frequency. Neara provides tools for utilities to prepare for and respond to extreme weather and climate events, and build grid resiliency.
- Simulate extreme environmental conditions network-wide to prepare for weather events
- Find points of likely asset failure and prioritize remediation to ensure the most vulnerable, most critical network components are hardened
- As an extreme weather event unfolds, use Neara to identify affected assets, prioritize response initiatives, and provide up-to-date information to field and control teams
Reach out. We’re very friendly.
Contact us to learn more, schedule a demo, inquire about a pilot project, or discuss other needs.